Sunday, September 26, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

Life has been busy.

Carrie failed her first glucose test and had to go in for Round 2. The thought of pregnancy diabetes really spooked her for a while, but she's doing better now. She's been stressed and depressed lately, but we're 29 weeks down and Shane is still kicking mightily. We'll get through this kid yet. Carrie's mom came up Friday to spend the night and spend some time with Care-bear, which let me drive a couple of hours in traffic to just miss seeing my friend's wedding. That was a bummer, but I was just glad I got out there at all so I could see the ring and yell congratulations from the dock. It was also nice to get out of the house for a change. Maybe I'll get Carrie to go see Toy Story 3 with me this week, or get to armor up and get my butt kicked with the local SCA crew.

I got my second rejection on my Life Choices story. The good news is, the rejection letter said "Much improved" and "do please try me with your next story."  I haven't heard back on the flash piece, but I noticed some editing errors in it when I showed it to my wife. It probably won't pass muster, but it's all practice.  

Speaking of practice: I haven't done much writing lately here or on any stories. I need to get back in the habit. Life gets busy, I get tired and distracted, or I end up playing League Of Legends more than I should. This week I'm going to make a goal to try and guarantee a once a week post here on my blog and to spend at least 30 minutes a day writing. It's not a lot, but every little bit counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment