Saturday, June 25, 2016

Richmond Visit

While Mommy was away, Shane and I went a little further to play. Kim and I texted about going to play mini-golf or a kid's museum, but what we really did was look for cats.


Berry was under the couch. Kim, Shane, and Buster couldn't coax him out.


Ryan didn't have any luck, either.


It turned out there was no need to plan to go anywhere. Shane was thrilled just to be at Kim and Ryan's.


He knew exactly what he wanted to do.


Berry came out eventually, too!


We split up for lunch. Ryan and I took Shane to Chic-Fil-A.


Then we walked it off around Lowe's. We bumped into one of Ryan's band parents while we were there.


When we met back up with Kim, it was Lego time. Kim and Ryan had a great collection. Honestly, I'm surprised they let Shane play with all the intricate ones! I guess they aren't kraglers.

Their was one set that involved a wrecking ball, a destructible house, and a toilet. Ryan bought it for the toilet. In Shane's eyes, the wrecking ball was the touchdown and the exploding walls and toilet a two-point conversion.


Eventually, I started to feel the cats. We went for a walk and jumped at a trampoline at Kim's friend Zena's house to finish the day.


Ryan bounced, too. I don't know who was tired out more by the end of the day: Him or Shane!

We said our goodbyes afterward. Ryan was happy Shane was injury-free and he couldn't be blamed for anything. I wonder if Ryan napped after we left. Shane did....for the last 10 minutes before we got home! I let him snooze a few more minutes before the car became an oven, but it was too late in the day to go any longer.

The trip made for a memorable Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment