Friday, June 10, 2016

Camp Nana and Pop: Travel Time

6:50 AM, Shane was up and singing. At 7:00, he burst through my door and leaped on the bed. Then he bounced off my bladder and dragged his suitcase down the stairs.

Do you think he was excited?


Delays caused disappointment.


We were on the road by 8:15. It's about a 6 hour drive give or take 30 minutes due to traffic.


Shane's couldn't think of much besides Nana and Pop. He drew a map of the states and traced our route as I drove!


We arrived at 2:30 PM. Indy greeted Shane at his door.

Nana and Pop's truly is a wonderland. Look at what I found waiting for me!


Happy times! I love visiting my family.

It didn't take long for Kathleen, Evelyn, and Cole to come over. Shane and Cole are big fans of each other.


Kathleen used a guess pass to let Shane attend Cole's Taekwando class.


Shane was a BIG fan.



I already did some research on schools around Charlottesville. This class elevated my interest further.


My siblings and I all did TKD when we were younger. Nana signed me up at Brothers Martial Arts with Grandmaster Noble when I was 5 (I'd failed a gross motor skills test at school). Cole's not in kindergarten yet, but he got signed up for a similar reason.


Shane, on the other hand, likes to run around and yell. Martial arts could be good for helping him with the self-discipline. He's been trying to randomly kick things around the house ever since Carrie showed him Kung Fu Panda.


Food for thought. Shane spotted Cole's picture on our way out.


The rest of the night was spent at Nana and Pop's.


Stu met up with us for dinner.


The boys ran all over the house. Evelyn followed (sometimes).


Blaze provided periods of rest for the adults. Shane's been waiting all month to see it again. Pop was ready. He'd recorded many, many episodes.


Kathleen read to the boys while Evelyn learned to text.


Eventually, we moved them outside. Cole had an earlier bed time than Shane. The front yard was one step closer to the tear-filled farewell.


For Cole, that is. Shane's distracted by air and he was still on a Nana-Indy-Pop high.


We all went on a walk around the neighborhood pond.


Shane's swimming lessons were not employed.


The local ducks know he's there now.


Shane took a bath and went to bed late. Nana and Pop watched TV. I was tired myself from all the excitement. I retired to my room to stream some Netflix and rest for the return trip tomorrow.

PS - Nana resurrected the bean suitcase (again!).


No comments:

Post a Comment