Sunday, June 5, 2016

The Next House Thing

It's always something with houses, but at least I enjoy a puzzle. This was a small one with a quick answer. Hopefully, it won't cost an arm and a leg, as well.

Sunday morning, I went down to do laundry. I found a pool of water under the washer/dryer.

My first hypothesis: The washer leaked from age or Nova tried to wash too large a load.

Then I noticed the sides of the washer and dryer were wet. 


There was a little bit of water on top of the dryer, too. A quick scan showed no leaks in the pipe or ceiling to explain a leak from above. The water I mopped up was muddy, so it had to come from outside.

Explanation: The bottom seal of the outflow popped. The wall was brown and a baby slug made an entrance.


We had a massive amount of rainfall the past couple of days. The ground water must have built up and the seal gave way. I could probably caulk it myself, but I may have a plumber come out in case I missed anything. Carrie wants a line or two traced anyway.

It should be a dry week, so there was no sense in paying extra and calling for an emergency visit. Normal business hours will suffice. We put a towel down and cleaned up around the area.

One more thing for the to-do list. Puzzle solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment