Wednesday, June 8, 2016

New Neighbors

It's moving season. Matt, Charlie, and Lindzi left in the first outbound wave of hospital residents. The radiologists down the street move out in a couple of weeks. 

Wave 1 of the inbound residents is very promising though. Everyone was busy when we moved in, but I've made sure to say "hi" to everyone. The two houses closet to us are getting a new pair of aspiring doctors. One of which has a pair of sons. Will and Mikayla are the parents of Henry (2) and Sam (<1 nbsp="" p="">

And Henry is an outside kind of guy.


Shane and I have seen a lot of them this week. We tend to go out in the evenings when it cools down. One day, we even bumped into them on the trail.


We'd gone to see how much the water levels had risen from all the rain.


On our way back: Will and Henry. Boom! Shane was ready to go on the trail again.


I wish they were a little closer in age, but any kid is better than no kid. They don't mind.


I learned a lot from being a big brother. I hope Shane learns from being a big neighbor (like how to share the tire pump). Our next door neighbor, Courtney, invited everyone over for burgers and hot dogs.


The day before Camp Nana and Pop, Will and Mikayla made water balloons!


The boys were in heaven. Shane wasn't happy when I caught the first balloon he threw at me. He asked me to turn around and not look the next time.


Raheem missed most of the fun, but got to make a balsa wood airplane with Shane. He's mainly interested in basketball, anyway.


I wish the old faces were still around, but it's nice to get to know all the new ones. Ryan, the other doctor's spouse, and Will both recognized a Ticket to Ride game I was carrying. Maybe they'll be fellow nerds....

No comments:

Post a Comment