Monday, June 27, 2016

Swimming Pool

There aren't neighborhood pools here. There are city pools. Turns out, they're popular.


Our next door neighbor tipped us about one. Shane woke early, so we went early.


The pool was an outdoor version of the one at the pool party. There was an extended wading/kids area, water slide, and a deeper wading area with a current. There was a small lap area, but 90% of the pool was 3'6" or shallower. I wonder if it's cheaper for insurance and/or to allow a larger group of people who can't swim. Hopefully, Shane will be swimming on his own in a years. There wasn't much of an area to practice.


We only swam for a little over an hour, but I got sunburned (#GingerProblems). I sprayed SPF 70 on Shane and my arms, neck, and face. I didn't get my shoulders, because I figured Shane would play and I'd guard our stuff. He's super social. However, this was the one time that he insisted I play. I couldn't stay in the shade and I left the spray at home. I don't know how much it would've helped. My neck was a little burned and I protected that!

When it was time to leave, Shane and I checked out the adjacent park. No one else seemed to have the same idea. It's so close, it seems like a great way to spend break. Unless I missed something (quite probable).


Shane complains that he has to pump to swing. He won't do it unless I start him off.


An ADHD aside: Shane's form has improved, but are backs supposed to bend like that?


Shane and I will have to visit the pool a bunch more times to make sure the passes go off. I'm not a huge pool person (sun allergies), but I like that the city has them. It gives kids a place to go and provides jobs for the older ones to do something useful. Win-win.

Update: Almost forgot. I took a 13 second video.


No comments:

Post a Comment