Friday, April 9, 2021

Spring Break Fun!

With Shane out of town and no school it was officially vacation week! Lent ended, so I celebrate with some logic puzzles!


Shane's been gone for 9 days, so I average a little over an hour a day. That's not too bad, right? When I was younger, I could've put that much electronics time in over the weekend if not a Saturday! (It wouldn't have been during weekdays since I was frequently grounded!).

I played Hearthstone on my phone, as well, but there's no time counter on that. It's something I can fiddle with while working on chores or while Carrie drives us to the dump, etc.

Carrie's preferred method of relaxation/distraction is watching TV, so you know we did a lot of that during the week. There were animes like My Hero Academia, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, and Stein's Gate. Carrie wanted me to catch up on the MCU, so we watched Age of Ultron along with The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

My request for the week piggybacked off Carrie's current superhero media consumption: I asked to play more Marvel Champions. We averaged about a game per day over the week. Carrie played Spiderman and I played Captain Marvel. We barely lost to Ultron on our first try, but got our revenge later on!


I finally got around to using my LOTR cards. Carrie had to go in for an echocardiogram Tuesday. I wasn't allowed in the building, so I kept the pets company. 


I was amazed at how much came back to me. I haven't played in years! There are times I can't remember if I locked a door or not, but I was able to recall cards, combinations, rules.....it's funny what sticks with you sometimes.


Aria had been sleeping in the chair next to me. When I got up to make tea, she slid over to my chair. She didn't ask for permission or thank me for warming it up.


Max particularly enjoyed our cards games. Our at least she enjoyed laying on them.


Max has always liked the feel of paper and the cards had the added bonus of a captive audience who could scratch her ears!


Carrie and I did almost everything together throughout the week, but one of the times we worked on 'independent projects' she cooked up a 'D&D Dinner.' 


Grandma and Grandpa bought us the book for Christmas. Carrie handed it to me and said, "Pick something and I'll make it!" I went with Dwarven fare and asked for a Miner's Pie. Carrie made a hand-pie version in addition to some other side items (like an amazing beer bread!).


We got a lot done during the week, but we also had fun. I know that Shane's been well taken care of and had an amazing week with the Southern branch of the family, too. It makes me look forward to summer. There's still 10 weeks of school to get through, but Megan's family will visit from Africa and all sorts of other things will happen before we get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment