Sunday, July 18, 2010

Current Projects

Since this is a writing blog, I plan on keep a running list of my current projects. There will be other posts as well, but this is going to be my accountability tool.

Current Short Stories -
BattleTech-Life Choices (Submitted June 2nd -- No reply as of yet)
A tale of Janod.
     Rejection count: 1  
     Form-Letter Count: 0
     Average response time of inquiries: 20 days


BattleTech-PBI
A second tale of Janod.
      Still being written. Current word count: 2.7k

BattleTech-The Water Tower
A flash fiction piece inspired by The Watch Tower by Lord Dunsany
     Completed. Re-reading and editing. Will submit soon, but is unlikey to be published.  This was more of a quick try at writing in a new style.

Current Novels -
Swords and Science (Not the real title)
I'm about 15,000 words in. This is something of a "Science Fantasy" piece.  I noticed that many of the most beloved Science Fiction series aren't hard science fiction. Star Trek and Star Wars (both series I enjoy) are not realistic science fiction, but they're damn good fun.  Deathstalker is another example of a 'Science Fantasy' I enjoyed. This is my attempt at creating a thrilling, yet maybe not completely scientific future.

Ending Notes -
Once I figure out how, I plan on putting up some samples of old drafts and the first act of my novel. A disclaimer: everything I put up is rough. Very rough. Some of the names may be placeholders from when I looked around the room or stole the first name I thought of. I also won't post complete stories, but if you're one of my 'first readers' and I forgot to send you a file, let me know. I don't think any publishers would be very interested in a story that people can already nab form the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment