Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shane at the Gym

Shane went to the gym with me today. There's a child center and I feel it's a good way to kill two birds with one stone. I get an hour to exercise; Shane gets to be supervised and play around with other children his age.

It's a win-win situation.

After burning off a Pop Tart and a half, I went to pick up Shane. Do you know what I found the boy doing?

Shane and his new friend, Christopher, were standing in a toddler sized bathroom stall taking turns flushing the toilet. The boys were fascinated. Flush after flush they chortled and pointed. "SEE!!!?!?!??!" Christopher and Shane waved goodbye as the water whirled away.

I've never seen a pair of boys so happy in a bathroom. Sometimes, you have to envy children and how excited they get about things that no longer register with adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment