Thursday, January 27, 2011

Getting my exercise...

Well, I finally started exercising again. It just took a blizzard. I shoveled snow for several hours today, and this old man is going to be sore tomorrow. We must have had ten inches to a foot when I went out there (not the snowmaggedon levels, but plenty of the white fluff). School has been cancelled all but two days this week.

On Wednesday, it looked like school being cancelled was a bad call. There was a slight dusting of snow that melted while the sun was rising and the rest of the day was uneventful if overcast for stretches of time. Then, at 2:40ish it began. I started hearing sleet smack against the side of the house and in minutes it turned to hail. Ten to fifteen minutes after that the hail was done and the snow had begun. My parents lost power 8PM on Wednesday and they had been told it wouldn't return until FRIDAY. Thankfully, their prayers were answered and power was restored about an hour ago. Mom had planned on coming over during the day for heat, but Dad said the roads were littered with abandoned vehicles, downed trees, and that it was too much of an 'adventure.' Patrick had asked to spend the night with us as well, because our 60 degree basement "was much better than his 40 degree and cooling" room.

Shane is developing wonderfully. He smiles more and makes some baby noises (aside from the ubiquitous grunting, crying, and flatulence).  He's also attempts to grasp at some of his toys open-handed instead of the standard flailing. Carrie and I have been trying to do a better job of photographing and videotaping him in the act of doing cool stuff. We managed to catch him in the act of rolling over several days ago. Today, we got some bath pictures that may horrify Shane decades down the line when he gets married. If he doesn't get married, I'll show them anyway, because that's what parents do! I'm really looking forward to seeing who he becomes and how he's going to get there.

That's enough for now. I'm trying to get in the habit of going to bed early, so that I won't be a wreck when I start work back up again on the 7th. Sleep beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment