Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wow, kids grow fast.

Shane enjoys tummy time. Usually, I lay on my back, and he lays on my stomach. It gives him a soft, warm place to lay, and I keep a hand on his back to steady him. I haven't been exercising much lately though, so my "rock hard abs" have gone a bit soft. I wanted to see how Shane would do if he had a more firm surface to push off of, so I put him in his crib from tummy time yesterday. His head shot up like a periscope as usual. Then my nose started to itch. After a couple of window-shaking, earth-quaking sneezes, I looked up and my son was on his back.  He had rolled over!!!!  That developmental milestone is supposed to be weeks away! The kid is built like a brick (for a baby).  He makes his father proud!  I haven't been able to get him to repeat the manuever since, but I got a cute video out of it that Carrie posted on Facebook.

There was something else poignant I was planning on posting, but it eludes me now. I've learned the golden rule about babies: the littlest man controls what happens.  Everything is on Shane time, so if an idea doesn't hold until I have an opportunity to post it, it's lost to time....or at least the next time it comes up. I'm sure if it's a good enough idea, I'll recall it eventually. 

Anyway, time to go on Shane duty again. Carrie wants to wash dishes and pump it up, so I'm going to go on pacifier patrol. Peace, chicken, and grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment