Friday, March 4, 2011

Shard

Prepping Shane's bottle isn't normally a dangerous affair. Carrie and I were in the middle of an SG-1 episode (3 more left!) when feeding time struck. I ran upstairs to make the bottle. Hopefully, it would be ready before anything too interesting happened on our show. SG-1 had other plans. Teal'c started to do something brutal and I raced over to the banister to look downstairs only to lurch to a halt, pinned.

A splinter of wood from the floor must have been poking up. It punctured my shock and my impetus ripped up a seven-inch spear. Cool air tickled my foot through the gaping entry and exit wounds of my sock. I'm lucky that my sock was the only thing stabbed. I put a box over the shard to hold it down and prevent any of the cats from charging headlong into it (They're cats. They're stupid.).  Carrie's telling me that it's going to be a pricey fix, but my fingers are crossed for wood glue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment