Monday, December 12, 2011

Computer kaput

The desktop is dead for the moment. Safe mode loaded, but a system restore and a scan disk did nothing so it's a deeper set problem. Carrie wanted to see how it was broken while I was watching Shane and she said safe mode wouldn't load for her.

One of these days I'll have time to fix it. I put Shane to bed, checked in with Carrie and then I've been doing chores since.

And do you know what? I'm not the least bit stressed about my comp dying. Video games are a nice time kill, but I get so much more dine without them. Plus, I'm looking forward to fixing my comp. I like discrete problems with a clear solution to puzzle out. I'm thinking it might be fun to try a technical position in my county at some point for a break from teaching, but not a break from education. I like learning new things and it could be refreshing.

That's all from me tonight. I have pictures and videos I want to upload at some point, but I've done more than enough touchscreen typing to desire a real keyboard. Carrie's work iPad is a cool little doohickey, but I can't imagine buying a personal one at the prices they go for. Any totally strange typos and word substitutions can be blamed on Apple and my fat fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment