Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I love tutoring

Tuesday was business as usual for me at tutoring. I came, I worked, and then...then the unexpected happened. I got a Christmas gift! There was dark chocolate, P.F. Changs gift cards, and a card offering a free night of babysitting!

Have I mentioned I really like the family I work with? If not, I want to mention it right here, right now.

Tutoring is a job yet a hobby for me nowadays. The money is nice, but it's mainly just going into savings or Carrie going fan girl and buying a Bazinga! shirt. After a week of dealing with kids with extreme academic difficulties crowded en mass, legal papers, and upset parents, it's nice to work with a single, bright kid, and a nice parent. The kid actually reminds me of myself in regards to many of the things he struggles with. He's ADD, unorganized, and apathetic. He does like success, he's got a good sense of humor, and after some initial resistance we bonded and crap gets done. I've even forgiven him for being a Cowboys fan! Ha! I feel like I'm making a difference. That's more than I get from work most days where I just feel rushed to get everything done. It's great to just focus on one student and make an impact.

That is all for tonight. I need to go try and fix my computer so I can write longer posts and upload some Shane-annigans. I didn't get a chance last night with coming home at 5:45 and then having to rush Carrie to an urgent care, but that's another story. Life is definitely busy and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment