Saturday, December 10, 2011

Shane's 1st Birthday Week!

Shane turned ONE this week!

On Sunday, we gathered at my parents house for cake and presents! Shane thought chocolate cake tasted horrible, but that it look great smeared all over his face and clothes. Pictures will be posted once I get my hands on them.

Nana (my mom) turned the birthday party into a "birthday week" for Shane whenever he was at Nana daycare. He was sharing the house with three emergency foster care kids, so they got to join in on the festivities. She took the kids to the mall, and who knows where else!

I stole a page from her book today and took Shane down to a play area at the mall before the stores open. Shane was shy for a change. It took him a while to start running and crawling around. I think there was so much to see and look at that it took him a little to take it all in. After 35 minutes or so, we strollered around the mall, got Dad's lunch (that's me!) and I drove Shane home where he took a really long nap. I felt like a million dollar dad. I need to take Shane out to see other kids more often. It's good for my sanity and his development.

More Shane-annigans and updates will be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment