Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Training update

You know it's a training day when you're eager to go, you learn something new, you eat a good lunch, and then you end the day bored out of your skull and your classroom is a welcome alternative.

Trainings teach me empathy for my children. The material can be interesting, but it gets boring once 'teacher therapy' starts. That's when people feel the need to raise their hand and share long anecdotes after each slide. My ADHD starts to kick in, my brain turns off, and it's a battle of will to stay awake much less focused. Actually, that kicks in after the first hour of sitting still and listening, but it's easier to fend off when I'm learning something useful. I didn't have my large jug of caffeine to help calm me either, because I carpooled with a coworker and we stopped at Panera for breakfast.

In the end, I walked away from this training with some new perspective and ideas, so it rates as a success to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment