Friday, May 29, 2015

A Visit From the Nebraska Branch

Representatives from the Nebraska branch visited DC this week. They stopped to tour on their way south to visit the Carolina branches. 

We few, the proud remainder of the Virginia branch, ventured forth during known traffic hours to meet them. Our mission: to trade tales and eat pizza. Hopefully, Nana and Pop would pay. My brother, Matt, drove while his trusted sidekick, Renee navigated. I was useless. Really. I sat in back and enjoyed the ride! My only contribution was to split the parking bill. Matt's spot was free, so I even got out of that!

Everyone assembled in the hotel lobby to talk and wait. Our future ambassador to Russia and her scion had not arrived.


That was okay, though. We had lots to talk about! A random man proposed to Ann (from the Delaware offshoot) and Aunt B found a fashion twin.


What were the odds?


Also, how many B's are in this family? Megan married Big B and birthed Baby B. Then there's Aunt B and my mom, Debbie. When you add it all up you get....nothing. I don't know where I was going with this. It's hard to write like Hank the Cowdog speaks.

But never-mind. The baby did arrive and he was a big hit. He smiled at everyone and ended up at the center of attention exactly as happy babies are prone to do. The little bugger has the routine down pat. Kacy and Claire were putty in his hands.


Shane would have gone ape over Claire's shirt. They're a good looking bunch, no?


Well, I started this post in a funny tone, so I'm ending this post in a funny tone! Why? Exactly! Because I said so!

We took a big family photo outside. Megan took the photo.


Claire was in charge of scaring the baby.


And it all worked out!


Or mostly. I'm ashamed to say Nana was a little bit of a diva.

The unabashed truth is it was great to see everyone again. I love how full of life everyone is. We laugh loud and hug hard. The way it should be.

PS - Aunt Beth usually throws out some dirt on Dad and the Uncles growing up, too. I learned about Dennis selling car parts out of their back yard and calling home from jail this time. It's hard work to be interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Just getting caught up on the blog. It was soooo much fun to see you! Love, Aunt B.

    ReplyDelete