Saturday, May 30, 2015

Bugging Out

Carrie and I searched for a new car with different criteria. At first, she test drove what I called 'barely used' cars. We put our heads together and came up with our lists.

Me: Cheap, definitely used, not a beetle, not a diesel, and nothing fancy.

Carrie: A 5-speed diesel beetle.

Our lists didn't quite match up. 

And yet, we ended up in Buena Vista with a new car on Saturday.


It hit several of my criteria, and drove well! I let the "not a beetle" and "not a diesel" slide. I got to be the hero of the day for what that's worth, too. Hopefully, it won't break down and make me the chump of tomorrow later.

Shane and Carrie love the bug. Shane bounced the whole time we tried to buy it. He wanted to be locked in the trunk and honk the horn. He rode home with Carrie. They were on cloud nine together (I was practical and followed behind in case the beetle blew up). 


Shane was happy the whole time. The library entertained him the whole way there. The new toy/car/bug high entertained him the whole way back. I pulled alongside and waved a couple of times, too.


Time will tell if the beetle was a good buy. Early signs are favorable. This morning, Carrie had to run an errand. Shane told her she couldn't drive the beetle without him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment