Sunday, April 15, 2012

Focus!

I really should focus my blog posts more.

This blog is really more of a journal for me than it is for entertainment purposes, but I have a tendency to want to say everything. You're not reading that, because I already prune my wandering train of thought pretty relentless. Maybe it's the ADHD, or maybe it's just I feel like way too many things are entertaining or interesting.

If I was writing for a specific audience with a specific purpose, it would be easier. Because I'm writing for myself and my attention and interests wander all over the beaten path, I'm tempted to put more and more in to each post.

I wonder if coming up with a specific blog schedule would help me. Shane updates every Sunday? Work story of the week on Friday? That assumes I'd be writing regularly on those days, though. Carrie and I share this laptop, so I don't always have access when I want.

Or maybe I'm reading into a problem that's not really there. It's something I'm thinking about, at least.

Also, this seemed like a quicker post to write. I want to take my daily 30 minute video game break. It hasn't been a super stressful day or anything like that, but I'm ready to be done with work and have some pure down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment