Monday, September 5, 2016

Labor Day Weekend

We spent the last two days of our Labor Day weekend in New Kent County. Shane spent Sunday night with Grandpa and Grandma while Carrie and I went out on a date night. I heard Shane got to go to a museum and play on an iPad in addition to doing dishes.


Monday, was a big day.



He liked it.


There were a lot of questions, but maybe it's better to introduce something before Shane can pick up on everything. Plus, Shane wasn't as picky whenever Grandma and Grandpa talked shop while it played.

Grandpa and I took Shane fishing afterward.


My initial inability to cast amused Grandpa. Shane wanted Grandpa to cast out for him instead, but I got better with practice (and I tried to make a lesson out of it for Shane - don't be afraid to try!).


We tried different parts of the pond, but the bench continues to reign as "best spot."


Meanwhile, Carrie slept. Is there anything more nostalgic than a nap on your parent's couch?


Yes, but I liked the line. Carrie's a cute sleeper.

Shane passed out on the drive home. We got back before five, and Raheem charged up the street to play. Life was back to normal.

Tomorrow, school and the heat begins again!

No comments:

Post a Comment