Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday Funday

Okay, Shane. The weather is beautiful and Mom's asleep on the couch again. Let's go outside and.....

...wait....


....what is that?


We didn't turn the corner at Narnia did we?


Whatever you do, don't sit on the chair.


I know I'm an adult, because I could think of many, many, many reasons to avoid chair contact. I know Shane's a kid, because he was plain curious.

Thank God, he listened to me.

We continued our journey to the playground. Shane wanted to chase fish from in the water, but thankfully he listened to me again.


When we made it to the playground, we discovered some friends.


I recognized the boys from a previous trip. However, there was new information this time. The little boy, Anthony, is one of Shane's classmates!


The boys had a blast together. Carrie got to nap. I greeted the father in my broken Spanish, but he wasn't too chatty (I really wish I was fluent).


We got home in time for the Giants to lose, and to get ready for a neighborhood pot luck. I've really wanted to build some community spirit, and it's happened more or less on it's own. Carrie still felt sick, so Shane and I cooked a pizza and went out to socialize.


The kids all played together really well! They danced, they chased balls, and they ate pizza.


Shane and Henry hunted for crickets together, too!


Raheem showed up just before pot luck off, but disappeared shortly after the start. Maybe it was because I was talking to the other adults? Or maybe he didn't feel invited? I told him he could have pizza, but he said he ate pizza right before coming out.


Frankly, it could also have been the number of people he didn't know. The kids were all on the younger side, too.


We found out one of our neighbors is pregnant with twins! Shane's the oldest young-kid on the street.


When it got dark, James brought out a fire pit. Shane really liked that.


No, he really liked the fire. He kept asking to make it bigger and wanted to throw the sticks on himself. I hope I don't have a junior pyro in the budding.

Happy Sunday, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment