Monday, May 16, 2011

Busted!

Driving home from the gym, I decided to give Jama a call. The first thing she mentioned: my blog. Aunt Zanne had mentioned me mentioning Jama's Mother's Day gift advice.

Jama: "MIKEY! Do you think my friends will think I'm bad?"

Busted! How do you reply to that?

Me: "Oh, Jama. They know you by now!"

At which point, we both started laughing. "Oh, they know I'm bad!" Jama joked.

"You're not bad! You're fun!" was my reply.

I love my Jama! She's a lot of fun as long as you realize she's got a wicked sense of humor. She's one of those people who lives life fully instead of just sitting around and watching it pass by. I'm looking forward to introducing her to Shane, but at the rate he's growing he's going to be half her size by the time that happens! The kids is nearly 20 lbs now! There was a two-year old at church who was only half a head taller than Shane. He clearly gets that from Carrie's Grandpa Moffat (who sounds like a gentle giant and even played some pro football for the Steelers back in the way early days of the NFL).

Also, if you didn't catch it in my first present participle phrase, I've started going to the gym. I haven't worked out in forever, or hung out with a lot of my friends since getting married, my workload at work doubling when they didn't hire a replacement teacher and I got to teach two subjects, buying a house, going through a pregnancy and now raising my son.

I'm full of excuses aren't I? Good at them too, or I would've found a way to exercise by now. I didn't get too sore last week, because I took it easy, but Igor made sure I didn't slack off today. Sadly, I was half-asleep the whole time I was there. I could've passed out standing up. And yet, I'm awake now. Go figure.

I'm going to wrap up my post here. Looking at some of my old posts, they look like bears to read, so I'm going to try and keep things shorter where I can. It suits my attention span better and prevents rambling.  My next post will be about Shane (of course) and an update on the great opportunities that have come Carrie's way.

Peace out, boy scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment