Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Carrie's first Mother's Day is Coming Soon

Carrie's first real mother's day is coming up this Sunday. She got to celebrate the holiday last year while she was pregnant, but now it's the genuine article. Its occurs to me that I have two options: A) mess things up and forever have the bar set low, or B) do it right and risk having the bar set at that level from here on out.

Decisions, decisions....

I called my mother on my way home from work. She told me exactly what she wants for Mother's Day: socks.  They must be beige or they must be blue jean colored. No exceptions. That I can do.

As my mom and I were talking, the subject of Mother's Day cards came up.

Mom: Mike, I know it's going to be your natural instinct to go for something funny, probably involving flatulence, but I'm telling you to avoid that type of card!  Go for something sweet and romantic. That's what I would like.

I'm laughing hysterically by the word flatulence.

Mom: Oh no, don't tell me....

Me: I've already bought the card!

The first few words on the card? Pull my finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment