Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Korra Thoughts

I believe God has a sense of humor.

I feel like I see a glimpse of it whenever something incredibly ironic happens.

Carrie was working, so I had to DVR Korra. After her riding lessons, she came home to watch with me. My wife was on the edge of her seat the whole time. Then, right at the very end, the recording stopped. It took a second to register. Carrie's eyes grew wide and she yelled out a "NOOOOOO" as I started cracking up. There could only have been a few moments left, but it cut out at such a cliff hanger. Triply so, because it was about to resolve something that brought my wife to tears an episode prior.

The situation was so ironic, I couldn't stop laughing. This didn't make me popular with my wife, btw. She spent several hours trying to watch the last few seconds online and probably collected several dozen different malwares in the process (Carrie couldn't bear the thought of waiting until Nick posted the show legitimately a day or two later, ha ha).

Without any spoilers, I wanted to post a few thoughts on Korra.

1) Loved it! I'm looking forward to season 2.

2) That said, I prefer endings where there are hints of the truth throughout. Whenever there is a twist, but there is nothing to foreshadow the twist it feels a little weak to me. I love the effect of pulling off a twist and watching people's reactions as previous information clicks in to place. "How did I not see it!?!?" To me, that's the mark of a brilliant twist.

3) My wife will forever be a fan-girl. There were tears in her eyes at the end of one episode (as I mentioned earlier). She gets so into these things that it makes it more fun for me, as well.  Excitement can be contagious.

4) They could make a great game out of this world. RPG, action, paper and pencil, computer/console...., but I bet they won't. Oh, I'm not doubting they'll make a game. I just bet it won't be a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment