Friday, June 29, 2012

Three Weeks In...

Three weeks in on our new home. We assembled the bed frame today, and we're working on locking the sun room doors to prevent heat seeping in. It was over 100 degrees today! Shane's been determined to bull through the doors. As usual, he takes offense to anything closed (especially when he's been on the other side, or can see through it).  The doors have taken some damage as a result. Our son is very insistent and persistent.

There are times I look back longingly at my old apartment. The bigger the house, the bigger the family, the exponentially larger the task moving becomes. My friend, Dan, may move in to our basement, so that may help with repair funds. You see, our house was a 'flipped' one, and we find new shortcuts on a daily basis. It's a shame the people flipping our house weren't more skilled at what they did. I was admiring how stripped some screws were on a door. It's something easy to avoid with a small amount of care. Thankfully, the housing market is still good here and the house appraised for enough more than we paid that it's still not what I consider a bad deal.

I just finished a week long academy course to kick of summer break. It felt like a great idea Monday, but I was burned out by Friday. I had an interview at a secondary school for a tech job on Thursday, too. I received an email in the morning saying "Sorry, but we'll have to pass." The school's huge, so I suspect they had an internal candidate. It was good practice for me. I'm not used to corporate style interviews by a panel and no personal interaction.

After a stressful anniversary, Carrie and I decided we needed to start watching Voyager together again. How's that for a nerdy solution to relieving stress? We finished Year Of Hell Part 1 a few minutes ago and I'm trying to quickly hash out this post so it won't be a postless day. We bought a laptop for our anniversary! So far, it's fast and it's pretty.

Sleep beckons. Saturday Shane duty awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment