Saturday, June 13, 2015

Wait....ANOTHER Cat?

Carrie always wanted a Savannah. I wanted to help a family in need. To be fair, Carrie wanted to help, too, but the cat was quite the incentive!

Cleopatra comes from a growing family. She guarded the newborn at night, but the baby developed an allergy to her. Cleo's family contacted a friend to help find her a new home and avoid future infant rashes.

That friend knew Genevieve. 

The rest is history. 

Hooray for allergy shots!

I picked up Cleo after work on Friday. I left around 3:00 PM. We arrived in Charlottesville a little after 6:30 PM. She was a good traveler and stopped her protests after a few minutes.


Carrie set her up in the dining room. River, the cat formerly known as Cleo, is about 8 years old and an F6 Savannah. She adjusted remarkably quick and immediately used her new litterbox.


She started to butter up to Carrie next. Carrie could not stop going on about how sweet she was (which led to the new name). 


What I didn't know: River(Cleo) is declawed front and back. I knew the family declawed her front paws prior new baby (and said they regretted it). Carrie said they declawed her back paws long ago. I don't know how they thought she'd "be okay as an outdoor cat if [we] wanted."

Our cats are still getting used to the idea of a new feline on the block.


Max has wandered around the room with River. River took the high-ground and Max sniffed out the low-ground. There was no hissing or batting. Bucket is a little more neurotic about the issue. She looks funny with her stub tail all fluffed up as she tries to back away and look menacing all at once (she's not). We leave the doors cracked sometimes so that both parties can sniff each other out and adjust.

Shane is very excited. He ran in circles, jumped, and hollered. He bounced from couch to couch and rebounded off of me when I caught him. Shane could not understand why Mommy refused to let him chase the new kitty! "I like her! I like her! Let me see her!"

Shane got to visit her after he calmed down. She was sweet to him, too. She does not seem to set my allergies off any more than the other cats either. Hopefully the cats adjust and she'll be the last cat we get for a while (Carrie's 2 for 2 with getting cats for our anniversary in recent years....).

No comments:

Post a Comment