Sunday, February 4, 2018

Snowy Sunday

Snow didn't stop us from going to church. It would have been better timed for a Monday morning!

The snow turned to rain, but Shane and I had a wrestling match lined up at the high school. We got there early and found a bunch of other parents and kids but no coaches or direction.


I have a key, so I figured that put me in charge. I opened the bathroom to prevent a crisis for one little boy. Then I opened up the mat storage room, grabbed mat tape, my mop, and got ready to set up, but held off until I had more information.


The kids all played while I called coaches. It took three tries, but I got hold of one and he confirmed my suspicion: the match had been cancelled due to the weather.

I announced the cancellation and then hung out while the fun lasted. It was a rainy, nasty day, but the wrestlers were all running around in a gym, playing basketball and being social.


We stayed for an hours worth of entertainment. Several parents and I put away the few things we'd gotten out as prep and I snapped some pictures.


It wasn't what was planned, but it was still a good outing. I want to get Shane some more wrestling experience. He just likes to be around mats. Any mats.


No comments:

Post a Comment