Tuesday, February 13, 2018

So Much For "Less Busy"

Monday, I wrote about the joy of making it home early. That was nice. I brought a pair of headphones to Shane's basketball practice. I thought I'd rest more and watch something on my phone.

I ended up helping coach. There was only one coach and 8 hyperactive boys, so I just walked out there. It's like God wants to let me know, "I expect you to coach here and there." Add basketball to my resume.

Shane and I picked up pizza and got home around 6:30 PM. Raheem ran up to the car and said, "Can you take me and my mom to the hospital?"

Tuesday, I went by Monticello High School to observe/encourage my high school's state qualifiers train. I took Shane to his wrestling practice afterward. He rolled his ankle in a freak accident early on. He sat out and said his ankle and head hurt.

If you're worried, he got better when I told him I "couldn't risk him playing the game at the end if he couldn't practice." I have video of him running full speed and playing 'Dogs' after that.

There's practice and TKD Wednesday! I was trying to organize a joint practice with Covenant next week, but I'd be fine with taking the week off. Work has been extra busy.

Shane may feel the rush, too. He's complained the last few weeks that he doesn't want to play as many sports. He "likes TKD only" now (yet he will ask to skip that, too). First, he complained about basketball and that "he didn't really want to do it." Then he started to complain about wrestling. He wants to stay home and "rest."

By "rest," he means electronics. He asks about them every night. Carrie's re-aired the first three Harry Potters since Sunday. He watches, but wants a chance at Pokemon TCG Online, too.

I don't think he realizes how much trouble he'd get in if he stayed at home full of energy every night.

Plus, Shane needs to see other kids. No one goes outside at night in the neighborhood in the dark and cold winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment