Sunday, January 3, 2021

2021 - Sunday's Off

If my yearly goal is to write a book, I'll need time to do it. 

The blog takes time.

There are posts that take an hour and posts like this one that take under 10 minutes.

Pulling numbers out of thin air, if one post takes me an average of 20 minutes and I post 365 days a year, that equates to ~122 hours of writing. If I take 1 day off a week that drops to ~104 hours. 

It's not a lot of time, but it's better than nothing.

So, I'm thinking I'll take Sundays off this year and see how it goes. I've had trouble keeping up through virtual school, so even if it doesn't translate to chapters it may help me make it through first semester!

2 comments:

  1. Max Lucado's books all are just excerpts from his sermons. You could make a book out of excerpts from you blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But taking a day or more a week from the blog is perfectly reasonable. I don't think I could write more than a few times a week. Blogging should be fun, not a weight on you. We love reading them, but don't want it to be a burden to you.

    ReplyDelete