Monday, December 6, 2010

Still waiting on Shane....

It's been a long day and we're not there yet. Carrie and I woke up at 7 AM. I say "woke up," but Carrie apparently never fully fell asleep. I was a lot better off, but the couch "made-of-what-feels-like-wood-boards" wasn't very helpful.

The day started off with an Oxytocin drip for Carrie. She's been hooked up to what I've been calling her "portable Christmas tree" ever since. Our nurse, Debbie, has been excellent. Very friendly, and always positive. The day has been far from easy, though. I think both Carrie and I went into this thinking that an induction would be much quicker than going into labor normally. The average labor time is 12 hours (I think), and somewhere in my brain I was expecting to be holding my son around the time school normally lets out for me. Instead, it's 7PM at night and we're no further along than when we started.

For the first four hours or so,Carrie resisted asking for pain meds. When she gave in to getting an epidural, it was with the thought that she could relax and maybe even sleep. So began the problems. The position of leaning forward to get the epidural was very painful for Carrie. When it went in,


time out for c-section.

No comments:

Post a Comment