Monday, December 27, 2010

Wind, wind, wind....

It was colder than a well-digger's butt when I went to get the mail today. The wind cut right through the pajama bottoms. I probably should've gotten fully dressed. I shut the door and shuffled upstairs to read the mail where Carrie was nursing Shane.

A few minutes later, Carrie looked out the window and said, "Hey! Cliff is walking up to our door." I started down the stairs to greet him, and to my surprise, I was looking right at him through the open door. Wide open (and cold). I'd forgotten to deadbolt it when I'd come inside! Cliff smiled, waved, and then asked for me to help him with his Harley which had also blown over in the wind!  It's no hurricane, but the wind is brutal for an average day. I shut the door to get my coat on, and when I opened it I was in for another surprise: my cat Max came streaking in!  The little runt ran home free out the wide open door, only she must've decided it was too cold!  Talk about good fortune. I remember the one time she got out of my apartment and I had to chase her around the building. She normally likes to hide and sleep at this time of day, so I may not have even noticed she was missing for hours.

Then, on a final note, I was helping right Cliff's motorcycle when a magazine blew up in the wind by my foot. The pages were flapping open and lo and behold, a centerfold. A naked, Playboy one. It wasn't Cliff's so I took it inside to throw away rather than let it float around for some kids to find.

Talk about an odd start to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment