Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sign is up

The sign post for the big SALE sign just went up as I got home today. The house won't be up until this weekend, but this is getting more and more real.

Carrie and I have been working out butts off on the house. I came home on Monday to see huge mounds of trash bags. My first thought was that the neighbors who are moving must be cleaning out a bunch of old crap.

Turns out, it was Carrie cleaning out a bunch of old crap! She'd gotten off work early and ransacked the attic. She's been a one-woman construction crew racing around painting and fixing little odds and ends. I'd help more, but she hands me the boy and says "take him!" After Shane goes to bed, I switch in to work mode too, but most of the house prep has been my wife.

We're still waiting to hear what our neighbor's appraisal comes back as before we'll know just how real this is. I have a number I don't want to sell for less than, and if that number isn't beat we're going to go back into a holding pattern.

At the least, this whole endeavor has been a really thorough spring cleaning. The house has never looked better, if you want to make an offer...

No comments:

Post a Comment