Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's been a tough month medically,

I haven't complained about my benefit premiums since getting married. They're worth it.

If I start counting at the first ambulance ride, there have been:

2 Ambulance calls
2 ER visits (Shane)
2 Urgent Care visits (1 Shane, 1 Carrie)
8 Doctor's visits (4 Shane, 4 Carrie)

That's a rough count without going back and looking at receipts. Shane got the nebulizer, went back the next day for the ear infection, had a couple of checkups on that later, and he went to the Urgent Care when they said he had croup.

Currently, Carrie is upstairs sick in bed. She's been fighting a fever that started at 103 this morning and has topped off around 104. The doctor has basically said keep taking medicine and as long as it responds and doesn't go up further, just stay resting in bed. It all started with dehydration when she somehow went a day without drinking fluids, ran on the elliptical, and then went out to train horses. Anyway, she's been trapped up in the bedroom all day and has avoided Shane.

I took the boy out and about a bunch today to get out of the house some. We went to the mall playground, Auntie Anne's for free pretzel day, Panera to pick up lunch, and we visited Dan and Bill's apartment. It was nice to see them again, especially because I had to bail out on Bill's surprise party tonight. I was looking forward to showing off Shane for a little bit and saying hi to everyone, but a sick wife has to come first. Hopefully, there won't be any sickness next weekend when I fly down for my sister's wedding. I don't know if the ticket is refundable or not and it's a (hopefully) once in a lifetime event!

Prayers for Carrie to get well soon and Shane and I to stay healthy are appreciated! You can bet I'm praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment