Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Carrie's Korra Predictions #501337

During the latest episode of Korra, there is a quick radio snippet promoting "Cabbage Corp, a technology leader for the past 50 years." I can't recall the exact wording, because my wife has only made me watch it three times. Anyway, the annoucement happens in the very beginning of the episode when the Fire Ferrets are practicing for the tournament.

I laughed. In the first Avatar, there is a cabbage salesman that suffers a mishap almost every time you see him. I thought the radio ad was a nice hidden homage to one of the running jokes of the original series.

My wife, had a different take. "What if the cabbage man is helping the Equalists!??!?"

Fact: The cabbage man got his cabbage cart smashed repeatedly by benders.

Extension: He could've been pretty pissed off. Also, the Equalists used some new tech in the episode. Someone had to design it.

Wife's Theory: The Cabbage Corp has something to do with the Equalist agenda.

So, there you have it. Cabbage Corp commercial: a quick homage to a running joke from the original series, or a hidden bit of foreshadowing of things to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment