Friday, May 18, 2012

Random musings to music. (AKA I'm killing time before bed)

It started with Yakety Yak.

For some reason, the lyrics were going through my head. I hit a verse I couldn't remember, and then I pulled up Youtube on the iPad.

Random Youtube fact: be careful about click "most viewed."

I was singing Yakey Yak and dancing around in front of an incredulous wife with the iPad when my thumb hit something. The music stopped, and someone's anus was looking at me.

Gross.

I do worry about what the Internet is going to be do to Shane. Every time I read the comments on a news article, I can't help but feel the Internet is either breeding assholes or just allowing them to spread out and touch oh so many more lives than they ever could before. Kids can already be tough on each other without being more desensitized and unemphatic from laughing at creative ways to make fun of dead or disabled people.

Then there's the fact and an errant click can have someone's cornhole or something else equally displeasing pop up. Forgetting something you're actively trying to forget isn't easy. If it was, there wouldn't be half as many sappy songs out there.

Shane will have access to some much more information and be able to learn many amazing things, but controlling what he sees so he doesn't stumble across something years before he should is going to be a challenge. Parenting in general is a challenge and a joy though, so I guess it just goes with the territory. I'm not looking forward to the first government project where Shane forgets to put .gov instead of .com after "whitehouse." (I wonder if that site is even still up. That was a funny error to make back when I was a kid.)

Anyway, Yakety Yak led to Urgent by Foreigner. That led to Contagious by Trapt and that led to American Dream by Casting Crowns. A bit of an odd progression, but it just happened. I submit that the saxophone is the best brass instrument there is. Maybe I should put on some more Foreigner. Or maybe I'll switch to something more mellow with a piano. Billy Joel comes to mind.

I really should try to pick up the guitar again. I'm finally starting to get some free time and some energy back as things wind down at work and with mortgage paperwork and chores and blah blah blah. Here's looking forward to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment