Sunday, May 13, 2012

Playground Pandemonium

Shane's changed as he's grown, but his love for the outdoors and running have been constant. Combine those two loves, and my son is one happy toddler.

Thank God for tot lots.


Shane and I go on a walk every night. On these walks, we stop at the many different playgrounds we stumble across. Shane tears around at full drunken sailor, falls, laughs, and wears himself out for bedtime.

Yes, my son runs like a drunken sailor. Just look at those arms flailing! Captain Jack would be proud.

Filming Shane can be a challenge, though. If you want some more behind the scenes footage, click to see more!



Filming Difficulty #1 - My kid moves....a lot.


Shane loves to run. I don't think he knows where he's going to run to until mid-stride. Sometimes this causes a tumble, and other times it causes a 180. This can make it difficult to predict where he's going.

Filming Difficulty # 2 - Shane knows no fear and has no survival instinct yet


Shane sometimes likes to try and RUN down slides. I've always been there to prevent any big spills, but there have a been a few close calls. The camera dropping is me quickly make Shane sit down so that he doesn't tumble head first. On the twisting slide, he's managed to get a foot stuck behind him before. It ended up with him doing some sort of wierd turn/tumble that had him enter the slide feet first and exit the slide head first.

Shane thought it was hilarious.

No fear.

Filming Difficulty # 3 - Shane likes to disappear around corners


He must get it from Mommy. Shane sometimes has a sixth sense of how to run around a corner or force me to move with the camera. I'm trying to prevent anyone watching these from getting motion sick, but Shane's determind to prevent me from ever standing in one place. After all, running is much more fun if Daddy is chasing after!

Random Playground Note

Kids are really great way to meet people. I've met more people going on walks and out with Shane than I did the entire time Carrie was pregnant. Of course, we stayed inside a lot then which isn't conducive to meeting people, but...I digress. I've met multiple families on the different tot lots. The families with the younger kids always seem more eager to talk than the families with older kids, but that could be from adult conversation withdrawl when they're at home. Yesterday, I even bumped into someone who was a designer on a video game I used to play! Neat, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment