Saturday, January 25, 2014

Carrie's New Game

The day after the owl game, Carrie invented her own activity for Shane. 

She drew an assortment of differently colored shapes, cut them out, and taped them up around the house. 

She explained the rules to Shane and the hunt was on.



Round 1 was locating. Round 2 involved collecting them.


Carrie refined her mechanics during nap time. Instead of having shapes scattered everywhere, she grouped the same shapes in similar rooms. Then she went off to work and left everything set up for me to play with Shane later on. Thanks, Love!


Carrie took nearly 12 minutes of footage. She was playing with Shane and walking around throughout, so it may be bumpy at times. I know the average internet attention span is very short (I'm sucsecptible to it as well), so the first video was a quick cut down of the beginning of the game.

If you have the spare time and inclination, I've uploaded the raw footage here.


You'll see me slouching around drinking my coffee in the background on break. I was tickled by the game. My wife is very clever and a great mother. It's fun to sit back, rest, and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment