Monday, December 15, 2014

Mattress Sale

Before trains and before Grandpa and Grandma, Shane and I went to a mattress sale.

It's not what you think, though.

My wrestling team does a yearly mattress sale fundraiser. I would not have thought that to be an effective fundraiser. It is.

Shane preferred running around on the wrestling mats.


He would not stop moving.


We have the wrestlers run the circle as part of their warm-up.


Ironically, Shane moves more fluidly than some of our JV kids. He can do better forward and backward rolls, too.

The fundraiser was held in the cafeteria. Not as exciting as mats, but funky art.


Each class gets to decorate a spot somewhere in the building. I still haven't seen the Class of 2000s mural.

Shane and I played on our own at first.


The pictures tell it all.


We sampled numerous beds and pillows.


Unfortunately, my phone battery died. I don't have any pictures from when I started to throw Shane on top of wrestlers. A few of the guys pulled him over and sat him on a bed where they were all playing cell phone games (Fun Run?). Shane told them the names of all of the planets. At least two guys learned something.

And....no pictures! Drat!

A wrestler hoisted Shane up on his shoulders for the group picture. Shane waved a sign left, right, up, down, and in the kid's face. We would have stayed and helped longer, but Carrie shot me a warning text before the phone died: Grandpa and Grandma were 45 minutes out!

We beat them to the house by ten minutes. Then the boys all went to play with trains, but that's another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment