Thursday, December 11, 2014

Random Work Story

Odd work story. We'll call it a total lack of diplomacy.

One of the women from the math department was making copies. Another woman was in the room in line behind her. An older male teacher walked through the door and says, "You've taken more than 5 minutes, I'm deleting your jobs. I have stuff to copy"

Huh?

The math teacher was dumbfounded. She said she didn't move at first, but then said "Please don't!" as he walked over and deleted her jobs. Then, the older teacher noticed that a couple other teachers queued up print jobs, too. Teachers who work out in the trailers and don't have printers in their room. I knew who they were, though, because the math teacher who's jobs were just wiped away was supposed to pick up their copies after hers were done. 

"Who are these people?" The man said. "I'm deleting them, too."

And he did.

Then, he left the room and went into the principal's office to complain.

Insensitivity in the copy room must be a pet peeve of his.

True story.

What makes this story funny is I heard about it in an algebra meeting. All of the teachers were outraged and wanted to know who the man was. I heard many comments on what other people would have done! As I left the meeting, I heard people talking about going through the staff directory to try to identify the older man.

On my way to my final class, I bumped into the teacher whose jobs were deleted.

"I heard about your copy incident."

"WHAT? Who told you?!? Was it Gordy? He was angry." (Nope!)

I revealed no sources, but another algebra teacher walked up behind me. He produced a rouge's gallery. The CLT had arranged 'mug shots' of the most likely suspects!

"Who was it?" He asked. "Point him out."

The victim quickly pointed out the culprit.

"Excellent." 

Hilarious.


Who knows what will develop?

No comments:

Post a Comment