Friday, December 5, 2014

Surprising Texts

Carrie tried to call me during wrestling practice Thursday. Then she texted me:


My wife was near panicked when she found the hamster. She acted quickly and felt horrible for the little thing.

I checked in after practice, picked up Shane, and drove home. I was on autopilot. I opened the garage door and backed in.

I thought it was very weird when I opened my car door. It stopped before it swung open as far as I expected. The hamster cage was in the way. I got out and noticed there was a hand towel under the Prius...

I didn't see any blood, but I didn't check for hamster mooshed up in my tire tread either. The little one is either dead or running wild somewhere. Evidence hints at freedom....for now. The neighbor's cat is a very good hunter.

And thus, the era of hamsters ended unexpectedly.

I told Shane that we let her go free outside for Christmas. Whatever happened after Carrie put her outside and I opened the garage door is a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment