Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween 2017

Shane and I went trick or treating on the Lawn at UVA. We missed out last year, but Shane remembered the epic hall from years ago.


I didn't expect him to stop at the first porta-potty we saw. "Touch nothing."


Shane was back on the road quick enough. There was a pep in his step. We parked at my school and walked almost 3/4 a mile. I heard no complaints.


We joined the crowd when we made it.


And boy, was it a crowd!


Shane wasn't very chatty. His mind was on one thing and one thing only: Candy.


I had to keep pulling him back as he drifted ahead in line and into others.


He ended up with a huge haul.


I overheard that the candy the students pass out is subsidized by the university. It makes sense. It also makes me a little less impressed by their generosity. At one point, I think it was student sponsored, but now it's a public relations decision by the university.


Round trip was two and a half hours of walking and standing around.....and yet Shane was ready for round 2 when we got home!


There was a lot less action on our cul-de-sac. There were only three houses with lights on when we walked down the street we connect to.


Which was fine by me. Shane had a ton of candy and I was tired. Carrie used Shane's UVA haul to pass out to trick or treaters while we were out!

We got home shortly after 7 PM. The pumpkin was our main decoration.


It turned out well!


We're all going to be snacking on candy for months to come if I don't throw some of it out.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment