Monday, October 30, 2017

Pumpkin Carving 101

Soccer was cancelled, so I decided it was time to carve our pumpkin. I learned my lesson from carving it too early last year


I cut it open and told the boys to scoop it out.


Shane lasted about 30 seconds (if that).


Raheem was a little smarter. He picked the pumpkin up to the trashcan to scoop out the innards directly. I congratulated him for figuring out what I was going to do.


Rah's attention lasted about a minute. Then they rode bikes.


I ended up doing the scooping.

I messaged Silas to ask if he was a covert pumpkin artist. He wasn't, but he came up the street with Zora. She ran around, Silas played basketball with Raheem, and Shane and I worked on the pumpkin.



Shane drew a design on one side. I twirled it around and made it a little clearer and then let him work on carving.


Both boys wanted in on the final picture.


Ryan came out with Appa and the dogs had a after-pumpkin play party.


Favorite moment: Shane threw his slingshot ball-toy at Zora. Shane realized his mistake instantaneously. Zora scooped up the ball and took off running with Appa chasing after.


Turns out, Shane can't outrun a dog. He should have thought before he acted on that one.

We laughed and let them all run around until Zora (half-exhausted) stopped for a breather near Silas. He fished out the ball and dropped the slobber covered mess into Shane's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment