Friday, July 27, 2012

A Good Sign?

So I got a call from the school that interviewed me yesterday. They said they couldn't get in touch with any of my references. The lady on the phone said "Shock. It's summer. Can we speak to your principal?"

I must have done something right if they actually want to talk to people about me.

I wonder if my principal knew I was applying for these types of positions or not. I filled out the intent form and listed it. I told at least two out of three APs and my department chair, but I never talked directly to him about it. In a school of well over a hundred staff, he's not someone I typically come into contact with. Hmmm.....food for thought.

Carrie's already told me, "Accept the job if it's offered. You'd be great at this." The only thing that scares me is the commute. Right now, I have a short commute that avoids non-construction related traffic. This new school is in the heart of Gridlock-dannia.

I am excited. Even if I don't get the job, it's good to know that I was in the running for my county's magnet school. There was a line I dropped in the interview that could have killed me or hurt me in all this. The principal was mentioning how the staff and children at his school were all very intelligent, asked lots of questions, and liked to jump right in with new technology/etc. It felt to me like a roundabout way of saying they are 'well-meaning and inquisitive, but high-maintenance and challenging because of that.

I replied, "You mean you have more doctors and future doctors here than your average hospital." It was genuine Mike comment. I produced smiles around the table and they called about my references today, so I guess it was well received!

Here's to praying I get this job if it's the right one for me. Otherwise, I hope they don't offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment