Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Most Awkward Poop I've Ever Taken

Yes, you read the title right.

Alone time quickly disappears as a parent. Especially if your spouse is working or otherwise out of the house.
This morning I was alone with the boy, dog and cats.

My bowels refused to wait for nap time.

I went into the bathroom to do my thing, and lo and behold my son charged in. In his wake, the dog slipped in. Shane then slammed the door shut leaving a boy and a dog co-habitating a small half-bathroom with me. I reached from my throne to open the bathroom door, but a cat started to poke her head in. The last thing I wanted was to add another species to the menagerie keeping me company. I'm not sure if she would have come in with Brogan there, but I knew he wasn't going to leave with the cat guarding the door (the wuss).

Shane slammed the door shut. It's what he loves to do: slam doors shut. The damn dog licked my feet while Shane was banging cabinet drawers and spinning the toilet paper roll.

What's a parent to do?

It was my most awkward poo.

Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment