Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Car go kaput

Today was going to be the day my last cavities were fixed.

The plan has changed.

I hopped in the Prius to go to my appointment and things went south from there. Well, that's not entirely accurate. I tried to unlock the Prius and the automatic locks weren't working. The manual key let me in and then the car started blinking angry lights at me. It doesn't start, and I had to reschedule my dental appointment.

Right now, we're waiting on the tow truck. Carrie was doing research while I handled other chores. When there's a task or something stressing me out that I can't resolve right away, I like to start dealing with other tasks and chores in its steed. I'm happy to report I made a dent in the laundry, dishes, and trash before I sat down to write this.

I'm praying for a quick/cheap fix, but since my car is a hybrid I'm not counting on it. I miss when I had basic/cheap cars I could diagnose and fix the problem on myself. All of the electronics and computers in the nicer cars acts as a barrier for people like me.

Whoops! Tow truck is here. Game on.

UPDATE: It turned out the auxiliary battery kicked the bucket and not the multi-thousand dollar hybrid battery. It was still a chunk of cash to get the 'special' Prius battery, replace some blown amps, and whatnot. I know where Dan's first month of rent is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment