Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Poor Brogan

Brogan woke me up at 3 AM today.

He had a rough car ride home earlier, so I wanted to check on him. When we got home from Nana's, I found a puke pile in the back of the car. Brogan bolted out and ran into the yard to squirt out a poop while I took care of Shane. The dumb dog managed to unearth an old mat in my parents' back yard for a chew toy. Maybe that offended his system.

So it's 3 AM, I'm in my boxers and letting the dog out in the front yard. Brogan RUNS out the front door and immediately lunges into a squat.

FRRRRRPP!  I've never heard a dog have loud explosive gas before.

I started to laugh. It was 3 in the morning, and my dog strained and trumpeted. The whole situation seemed pretty ridiculous in my groggy mental state. The poor dog then ran around the yard and tried to poop in different places before boot scooting back to the front porch. I felt really bad for him when he changed his mind and ran back out in the yard to vomit up his dinner.

I've known dogs to have horrible farts. I've never known a dog whose farts sounded like a balloon deflating. The whole situation would've been an unfortunate, comic mishap if not for the puke and Brogan didn't feel any better later. At 6:22 AM I let him out again for a repeat performance. While he was in the kitchen with Carrie around 8 AM, he shot out a liquid buckshot that blasted the sliding glass door. My wife gagged at the smell and Brogan got thrown outside. He spent the rest of the afternoon boot scooting and squirting all around the back yard and crying to be let back in.

The vet gave us some good advice, and Brogan seems to be doing a lot better now. He's going to get to sleep in his crate in the garage tonight and if his anus is under control he'll be back in the house tomorrow. Go figure I got a dog with a sensitive stomach to match my own. I can sympathize, but at least I can get in the toilet. I'm allowing him to sleep at my feet in the kitchen as I type so that he gets people time before crating up in the garage.

Sorry, Bro. The outdoors won't kill you, and the weather calls for a beautiful night. Most dogs like it outside! Keep a clean bed and you'll be back in before you know it.

PS - Dan felt bad for Brogan at one point and let him in through the basement window to hang out with him. Ha ha! They had some male bonding time and there was no accident so I'm thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment