Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tech Job Status

I applied to 18 schools, went to 3 interviews, had one school interested, but no new job materialized. I was hoping get a chance to interview at my own school when our tech person moved up to interim assistant principal, but the county supplied an interim tech person without opening the position (I guess it’s all conditional and if the AP position doesn't work out our techie can slide back down to her old position). If any openings occur during the school year, I’ll apply, but I’m going to have to focus on making myself more desirable in the meantime. Maybe I can join a tech committee or make friends with the new tech person. I’ve always been so focused on doing my job that I haven’t had time to do some of those things. I already chair my own committee, but I guess Human Relations doesn't look as savvy as Vanguard or Testing.

Thankfully, I like my current position and school. I like the idea of having five years at a single school on my resume, so maybe next year will be the one I change positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment