Friday, October 18, 2013

Part-Time Carrie

Carrie was offered the part-time position!

She brought home 'victory food!'

We're very excited.

Carrie's ready to learn new things, spend more time with Shane, and branch out in her organization. She hopes to go full time again once Shane's older and in school.

We don't know when the new position will start, but the offer was made (and accepted).

If Carrie had been in this position already, we wouldn't have needed to take any days off work or ask Genevieve to babysit. Carrie would've watched Shane during the day, and I would have tagged in for my turn after work. I would not have minded taking some leave off one day to help, but it would have been nice not to be required to (and paying for day-care all the while).

So, prayers answered. Hopefully no curve balls loop in. Carrie had to bite her nails over a month from hearing about the opening, to interviewing, to hearing the result, so it wasn't a cakewalk.

I'll write more when I know more. G'night!

2 comments:

  1. Dad, Kathleen and I are so happy and excited to hear your good news! Sounds wonderful! Thanks for the update.

    Love,
    us in India

    ReplyDelete