Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sick Day with Shane

Carrie and I took Shane to Harris Teeter yesterday evening. He was slightly warm to the touch when we got there. He was feverish when we left. 

We decided I would stay home with him today. It was Carrie's turn, but we're supposed to hear if she gets to switch to part time this week. They won't interview the last candidate until Wednesday. 

So here I am. 

Shane's got the best kind of fever for the situation. It goes high enough there's no doubt he's sick, but not into parent panic land. Then it goes down nice and low to 99.8 when given ibuprofen. There's no projectile vomit, Hershey squirts or other visible symptoms than Shane visibly feeling under the weather when the medicine wears off. 

Shane has taken the medicine without a fuss. He woke up at 4:30 AM and even asked for it! I couldn't get him back to sleep (trust me, I tried), but things have run smoothly since. I ran into work to set up sub plans and got home in time for Carrie to leave for her job on time-ish (who knows about traffic, though!). 

Now, Shane and I are watching TV and YouTube after an hour bath. He's so into it, I've been interspersing some cleaning and writing (you're reading some of it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment