Sunday, October 13, 2013

Smokestacks


Shane's been more fond of "school" for the past couple of weeks. Maybe it's because he threw a truck and went "secret commando.*"

Nah, I'm just being facetious there. I think that Shane's figured out what he likes about school. He'll still protest in the morning when he figures out where he's going, but he greets me with a smile and won't always leave right away when I pick him up.

If I show up during story-time, he'll refuse to go until it's finished. He makes me sit with him.

If it's block time, I have to marvel at his "smoke stack."

It is impressive.

How does he get it that high? He picks it up and builds it from the bottom.

Carrie interviewed for the night position last week, so we'll find out at the end of this week if Shane will be sticking with day-care or shifting towards more Mommy time. Whatever happens, I think it was a mostly good experience for him. I'd recommend our daycare to others.

*Secret Commando - The same day Shane threw a truck, he covertly removed his diaper. He pulled his pants back up, ran around outside, and then hosed himself down. Hilarious when it's not on my watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment